07 YZ450F Fork Play

3 replies to this topic
  • abou_l_simm

Posted May 22, 2009 - 02:29 AM

Hey guys,

A few month ago I crashed my bike off a huge dune...it fell straight down on the front wheel...the immediate thing I noticed is that the front wheel was misaligned and that was fixed by loosening the triple clamp and kicking the front wheel a few times!:doh:

Then when I was checking the bearings a few months later, I removed the front wheel and noticed that when I grabbed the fork stanchions, there was a slight lateral play in them!!!! IS THAT NORMAL!!!

Thanks,

• nickeenoo

Posted May 22, 2009 - 05:44 PM

How much lateral play and where exactly?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • abou_l_simm

Posted May 22, 2009 - 11:48 PM

if you grab the forks by where the wheel axle goes, you can move them back and forth not a lot, maybe around 1/4" total play, they are still pretty new and they go up and down very smoothly.

Just wondering if that fall messed something up. No leaking either around the seals.

• nickeenoo

Posted May 24, 2009 - 01:03 PM

I'm no expert, but that does not sound right to me. When I've had my forks apart I don't recall any freeplay left to right. Maybe someone else can chime in? Also, you might post this in the suspension forum.

Nate

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.