WR or YZ radiator shrouds? Difference between the two?

6 replies to this topic
  • 2in2out

Posted May 21, 2009 - 12:09 PM

After an exhausting hill climb yesterday, I spilled my 2002 WR 426 and scraped and punctured the right radiator shroud :doh: . I was planning on replacing them anyways when I purchase an IMS or Clark high capacity tank.

Which shrouds will be best? Is there a significant difference between the WR and YZ shrouds?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 21, 2009 - 07:04 PM

After an exhausting hill climb yesterday, I spilled my 2002 WR 426 and scraped and punctured the right radiator shroud :doh: . I was planning on replacing them anyways when I purchase an IMS or Clark high capacity tank.

Which shrouds will be best? Is there a significant difference between the WR and YZ shrouds?

The IMS tank requires the YZ shrouds. WR's won't fit.

• 2in2out

Posted May 22, 2009 - 09:55 AM

Thanks.

Anybody have preference of tanks?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted May 23, 2009 - 06:42 AM

If memory serves from 98 to 02 the WR and YZ share the same shrouds.

http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=660

• NMNORGE

Posted May 23, 2009 - 09:29 AM

Thanks.

Anybody have preference of tanks?

I really like the Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank.

• Birdy426

Posted May 23, 2009 - 11:27 AM

I have an IMS 3.3 gal YZ tank and it works well, but the Acerbis tank is a bit cleaner and carries the fuel a bit lower. Get eh YZ tank, not the WR tank, as it is much slimmer at the tank/seat junction, but you will aso need to get a YZ seat. This is about the fourth best mod you can do to an early WR, with the first being all the free mods, the second being suspension, the third being an autodecomp cam. The slimmer seat/tank lets you get further foreward on the tank when cornering.

• Lcpl0331

Posted May 24, 2009 - 07:54 PM

The wr shrouds will work but only 3 of the 4 screws will line up on the Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank. The rear screw hole on the shroud is about an inch away from the threads on the tank. The seat fits percfectly since there are two threaded holes for the seat stud. They're labeled "wr" and "yz" on the tank . all you do is take the stud off your stock tank and screw it into the correct hole on the Acerbis. One thing I really don't like about the Acerbis is that it has 2 petcocks and the one on the right side is maybe an inch above the header. I plugged it so there is no fuel line to melt but I still think I'll wrap the header just to be safe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.