Any rumors on when '10 YZ450fs are coming ?

19 replies to this topic
  • wolfie12

Posted May 21, 2009 - 04:08 AM

I am starting this season late, after racing the past two seasons solid. I ran an 08 YZ450 all last year, and while it was a good bike, the stock power was rediculously soft, I wasn't crazy about the cornering compared to my Hondas, and late in the year, I started having jetting issues that I couldn't figure out. The 09 is essentially unchanged from the 08, and while I can find screaming deals on them, they leave me cold. My first option is a KX450f, cuz I was pretty impressed with how it ran and handled, and I can also get a deal. The Honda is impressive, but sounds like it needs a lot of dialing to be competitive, and they're still pretty much top dollar. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about big changes to the 10, whether its gone fuellie or not, and when we might see that bike?

• Slinkyman16

Posted May 21, 2009 - 05:50 AM

nothing has been released yet and a press release wont be made untill the dealer show in september so we got a few months.. i would expect the bikes to be rolling on to floors in october..

• nickeenoo

Posted May 21, 2009 - 05:52 AM

Rumor says big changes. Yamaha dealer show is in late June however, we may not know anything until later as Yamaha is trying to get rid of some 08-09 models.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 21, 2009 - 06:15 AM

I would guess Nov/Dec with a new bike release from Yami

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 21, 2009 - 09:44 AM

James Stewart let it out that his bike next year will be fuel injected.

I think we all will be watching in anticipation.

• grayracer513

Posted May 21, 2009 - 09:59 AM

Stewart can run a works model for a year that isn't available to the public.

• KAS

Posted May 21, 2009 - 02:08 PM

I'm going to guess it wont be until pretty late in the year. Yamaha has a ton of '08s and '09s they have to get rid of.

• steve_97060

Posted May 21, 2009 - 07:07 PM

I was talking to the sales manager of a local dealer here, and he said he was told that yamaha will be displaying the new models at washougal like they have in the past..

• rickallen124

Posted May 21, 2009 - 08:32 PM

I don't believe that the '10 YZ450F and 250F will be on display at Washougal. I really wish they would be but Yamaha won't be releasing any info untill September as others have stated they still have '08/'09's to sell. Didn't Yamaha use their works exemption with Doug Henrys YZ400? Isn't that the only exemption they get?

• rdrata

Posted May 21, 2009 - 10:12 PM

I read somewhere that the 2010 2 Smokers are even back and the 2 smoke faithful will be really pleased...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ridon

Posted May 22, 2009 - 07:05 AM

Anyone who can estimate the price compared to the current models?

• TJ 755

Posted May 22, 2009 - 09:25 AM

vewy vewy wadical...

Posted Image

• finthat

Posted May 22, 2009 - 02:47 PM

Anyone who can estimate the price compared to the current models?

I am no expert but it won't be getting any cheaper. New bike new tech. more R&D more $$$$. But if it kicks butt it might be worth more.

• washel157

Posted May 22, 2009 - 06:29 PM

They were supposed to run them at the Japanese Nationals but Yami USA said not until their last round in sept. I have an 08 on sale here and just bought an 09. Id rather get a 2010 with a rebate next summer.

• kawboy388

Posted May 23, 2009 - 11:06 PM

Stewart can run a works model for a year that isn't available to the public.

No he can't. The rule you are thinking of was a one year works exemption for 4 stroke development. Obviously Yamaha used it first in 97, then Honda in 01, then Suzuki in 05 (RC's 05 RMZ had a different frame from the 05 stocker,although the bike looked the same). One time only.

• DPW

Posted May 24, 2009 - 08:25 PM

Didn't Yamaha use their works exemption with Doug Henrys YZ400? Isn't that the only exemption they get?

Correct....:doh:

• ZMoney520

Posted May 25, 2009 - 06:07 AM

vewy vewy wadical...

Posted Image

So I am questioning this patent drawing being what we see in 2010. In the transworld Japan national article, it said his fuel injected, FORWARD rotated motor, etc was ready but he can't race it till Sept. Wouldn't this drawing be a rearward rotated motor?

• grayracer513

Posted May 25, 2009 - 08:30 AM

This is a rearward tilted engine (motors are not combustion driven). The phrase "forward rotated" probably refers to the placement of the inake on the front of the head, rather than the more typical location on the back.

• yz_for_me

Posted May 25, 2009 - 09:58 PM

vewy vewy wadical...

Posted Image

I'll be very curious to see how close this is to the production bike. Looks like a lot of good ideas here. Hopefully the "backwards" motor works out better than C-dale's attempt at it.

• grayracer513

Posted May 26, 2009 - 05:08 AM

Hopefully the "backwards" motor works out better than C-dale's attempt at it.

Cannondale's "failures" had more to do with the reliability of the sub-contracted engine, the performance of the bike as a whole, and market acceptance. None of that is in any way related to the head being on backward.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.