No stator lighting kit

6 replies to this topic
  • wearalloyer

Posted May 21, 2009 - 01:50 AM

Hey guys....Does anybody recommend a lighting Kit with Chassis/Handlebar Mounted Systems and a rechargable battery?I need the brightest light a rider can have and if it s possible, kit must be portable with quick release system in order to use it when i need it.

• grayracer513

Posted May 21, 2009 - 06:27 AM

I know of one featuring an 8" HID lamp on a fork mount that has a self contained Li-Ion battery, but it's $700 U.S. money here in the States. If you're interested, I'll get you the specifics.

• wearalloyer

Posted May 21, 2009 - 07:46 AM

I know of one featuring an 8" HID lamp on a fork mount that has a self contained Li-Ion battery, but it's $700 U.S. money here in the States. If you're interested, I'll get you the specifics.

Hmmm...very expensive!!!!!
Anyway i ll be waiting for other suggestions too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted May 21, 2009 - 08:35 AM

Contact Darryl at Cyclops Motorsports darryl@cyclopsmotorsports.com

They now have a battery operated bike mounted light available that has not even made it to their website yet. They are very involved in night racing and have excellent customer service and quality products.

• wearalloyer

Posted May 21, 2009 - 08:55 AM

Contact Darryl at Cyclops Motorsports darryl@cyclopsmotorsports.com

They now have a battery operated bike mounted light available that has not even made it to their website yet. They are very involved in night racing and have excellent customer service and quality products.

Ok .i ll give it a try.Thanks

• gumbellion

Posted May 22, 2009 - 06:44 AM

Post up what you are able to find out. My stator lighting is poor at best and only good enough to pass a street safety

• wearalloyer

Posted May 22, 2009 - 02:55 PM

Well....Since that moment i have seen a ton of Lighting systems and each one of them have its own specifics and the only thing differs is the prices which are unapproachable.I am looking for something cheap and special.
So I decide to build a lighting kit by myself.All i need is a rechargable battery pack which i ll plan making myself,a pair of 20w or 30w MR-16 halogen bulbs,a switch, quick release bar mounts,some cables and of course must pay for a good fast charger.About the electric tendency i am not decide if i m using 20w or 30w bulbs for the time being.Although it depents from the results but i thing 20w must be allright and economical too while they ll have a good run time than those of 30watts.HID bulbs had a lot of advantages,like portability(only 2'' diametre),strong brightness,durability etg...
I have allready found most of the materials. Overall i beleive that i am gonna spend about 120$ for everything i described above.Run time will reach at least 6 hours,or 12 if a second battery pack installed.Also battery pack dimensions should be about 7.8" x 2.3" x 2.2" .
Airbox or the point behind the number plate would be a nice place to fit it.

Right here you can see by yourselves some lights comparisson to realise the differences between MR-16 bulbs against stock lights.

http://trailtech.net...son_photos.html

I ll give details after the kit installed and succesfully tested.:doh:
Once again sorry for my bad english:smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.