Got another question.

1 reply to this topic
  • RonWoodbeck

Posted May 20, 2009 - 12:28 PM

Everybody was so helpfull the first time. I though I would expand and seek more help.

Bike: 2001 Yamaha WR426F

1) Need to replace the rear master brake reservoir. Got the part. But what spec fluid is stock?

2) Bike is static and holding the throttle off of idle header glow's bright Red after just a few seconds. Spark plug looks good, no backfire, typical stumble off of idle (no carb mods yet). Running lean or Normal?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted May 20, 2009 - 12:44 PM

The cap on your reservoir will indicate which brake fluid to use... if I remeber correctly it's DOT4 but check the cover.

The glowing header is not uncommon, if it happens as fast as you say it does you may be a little on the lean side of the jetting needs. Most of them will begin to glow if left to sit and idle for any period of time.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.