fluorochemical grease

1 reply to this topic
  • ww44wrf450f

Posted May 19, 2009 - 09:31 PM


fluorochemical grease, had a fellow tt'r ask me what it is, the wheels on the carb slide call for this type of grease, any ideas, and or what to use?
the slide on his carb is hangin up?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davidl9999

Posted May 19, 2009 - 09:55 PM


Something like this:

Nye Rheolube is a bit on the light side (imo).
Nye Uniflor 8512S is pretty ideal, if you can find the stuff. Single tubes are available, and there probably is a distributor in your area. Your local bike dealer should have something similar.

Basically, it's a translucent synthetic (PTPE) grease with teflon (PTFE) in it. Brand doesn't matter. A little goes a long way. Don't use a thick sticky type.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.