wr450 vs yz450 for enduro's

2 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted March 11, 2003 - 07:51 AM

what do u guys reccomend? i love the wr450 but need lots of mods to b as commpetitive as the yz or the ktm - so ive heard... and against it there is the yz that needs a flywheel wieght and thats it (maybe a starter kit later on)
btw i love the yz suspension as im 85 kg. so the yz suspension is better 4 me also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted March 11, 2003 - 12:36 PM

gal,
I would say the 4-speed tranny will kill you in enduros. I know I wouldn't want it.

• dmp437

Posted March 11, 2003 - 01:54 PM

WR450. I don't know if you can get it, but check out the latest issue of Motorcross Action magazine (April 2003). They take a WR450F and convert it for motorcross duty. When they're done they call it an "electric start YZ450F". Sounds like what you're after.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.