what is the diference?

4 replies to this topic
  • eduardo

Posted March 11, 2003 - 06:33 AM

What is the diference between a powerNOW and a jamesNOW mod? Does this product have a dealer in europe? How can i get one?

• tctrailrider

Posted March 11, 2003 - 07:26 AM

The James Now is the homemade version of the Power Now. Same deal but one costs about 90.00 more.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted March 11, 2003 - 07:44 AM

Hey, speaking of which. Im making mine right now here at work. (shhhhhh,...dont tell anyone) :)

I found a piece of aluminum that is 1.5mm thick. Will that work?
I know you have to cut the grooves in the sides of the intake bell and I was thinking the hacksaw blade is a bit thinner. So it might not fit in eh?

• tctrailrider

Posted March 11, 2003 - 07:59 AM

I would be concerned about restricting the airflow if the piece is thick. I used a piece of brass that is quite thin. I wouldn't be afraid of using galvanized stock used for duct work. The bell is hard plastic so the material doesn't need to be super strong. Have fun.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted March 11, 2003 - 09:06 PM

I used 1.2, 1.5 will still work with the hacksaw blade, i chamfered the front and rear of the plate.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.