Trouble finding 46t sprocket for '04 YZ 450

43 replies to this topic
  • guitarnut57

Posted May 21, 2009 - 09:53 AM

So how was your ride?

I haven't ridden with it yet. Hopefully, I will get a practice session in this evening or tomorrow.

• guitarnut57

Posted May 22, 2009 - 06:49 AM

I thought I would let you guys know how my first ride with the sprocket went. I went for a practice run yesterday afternoon at my local MX track and tried-out the new 47t (went down from a 49 to a 47 [14/47]).

Surprisingly, it made the biggest difference in 2nd gear, as I noticed that I could blast out of a turn and hit jumps in 2nd pinned, whereas in the past I was forced to shift to 3rd before launching. That alone justified the change. Third gear pulled much better. I would have to say the most noticeable difference made though was in engine braking. The bike does not seem to stall as easily when coming into tight corners aggressively. Bottom line...big improvement! Thanks!

Unrelated to drive, I noticed that my rear brake felt like it was grinding and started making noises towards the end of the day. I checked the pads, but there is still a ton of life left in them. Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FinchFan194

Posted May 22, 2009 - 03:57 PM

No idea on your brakes.

That is pretty much how I feel my bike runs on a track so mission accomplished!

• FinchFan194

Posted May 22, 2009 - 03:58 PM

Oh yeah except my bike needs a new topend and I don't get the luxury of engine braking at the moment. . .

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.