Extra jet?

2 replies to this topic
  • BrandonW

Posted September 03, 2002 - 06:02 AM

When I was attempting to go to the leaner jet settings, I came across a jet that I could not account for.

When I took the bowl off of the bottom of the carb, and removed the main jet (172), underneath that were 2 more. One was recessed down there pretty deep, and I figured that was the pilot jet(45). On the other side of the main jet was another jet, and this one was an 82. What was that, and do I need to do anything specific with it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted September 03, 2002 - 06:08 AM

This is your starter jet. ASAIK it is used when you pull your choke (cold start). You change it if your bike is not working nice when on choke.

• BrandonW

Posted September 03, 2002 - 10:21 AM

Thank you Sabin!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.