98 WR 400 vapor lock?

1 reply to this topic
  • biohazrd

Posted May 17, 2009 - 03:03 PM

My beloved and plated WR stalled thee times a mile or so apart and after much kicking.....I hauled her home. stripped the carb,checked the float height, put the ohm meter to the TPS... all good . fired up first kick, idled just long enough for me to smile ,then died:banghead: much kicking later ..... repeat same:foul: next time through, found a clogged vent line replaced it and presto, started on first kick runs good:ride: this ever happen to anyone else?:doh:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorchopper

Posted May 18, 2009 - 12:19 PM

Just did an enduro yesterday and my wr was doing the same thing, i have a stubby gas cap vent tube with a check valve on it, and i think that wsa the problem, i'd take the main line into the carb of and nothing would come out, undo the gas cap then fuel would pour out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.