new to wr426

1 reply to this topic
  • DCJr

Posted March 10, 2003 - 04:34 PM

hello all, i am now the proud owner of 2002 wr426 and would like to ask for some help on modifying it. from what i can see all that has been change is pipe,(WB E-Series 12 plates) jetting, and throttle stop removed. what else should i look for. previous owner not sure what all was done. His racing friend did all the work . thanks very much for all your information and advice. rode bike this past weekend had a blast what a difference from a yz 125 much easier to trail ride. By the way my riding would be 50/50 trail/mx mix thanks again

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaGeek

Posted March 10, 2003 - 05:14 PM

Hello DCJr. I'm sure a lot of folks are gonna reply with do the yz timing, grey wire, possibly rejetting, different metering rod, removing the airbox lid. I recently too bought a brand new 2002 WR426 and the only performance mods I've done is cut the throttle stop and remove the can plug from time to time. I love it just as it is. Certianly a quite capable bike. I have a buddy with the same bike and has done all of the above mods, Yeah it is faster, but somewhat more finiky about starting and such, it actually fouled a plug last ride. Hell I don't have the skills to take advantage of the power it already has. I'm gonna focus more on getting the suspension setup for my weight, then better my skills before I hit the other mods. Just my take on it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.