KLX450s?????

11 replies to this topic
  • reconranger

Posted May 17, 2009 - 03:33 AM

Rumor mill....any possibilities you think????

Seems like the KTM EXC has shown everybody the way. The other manuacturers need to step up to the plate!

• klxklxklx

Posted May 17, 2009 - 06:38 AM

they are already available in australia.i wish i bought one but they are more expensive than the 250 by 3-4 thousand at least.and more of a race bred enduro bike with indicators look a fair bit like the kx.very nice bike too.makes the 250s look like a farm bike almost.in oz there are 400 and 450.every time i go to the bike shop i think why didnt i just bite the bullet and buy this instead.
the 250s is more of the tame/lame road/trail bike.they are supposed to be weapons the 450 in comparison.well i spose there is no comparison.

• reconranger

Posted May 17, 2009 - 09:30 AM

http://www.kawasaki....&sub_category=1

I went on the Australian web site, and there is a KLX450R, but not a street legal S. Unfortunately in California, to be dual-sport a bike has to come from the factory street legal....no conversions allowed.

• cliffsta

Posted May 17, 2009 - 09:38 AM

Yeah Kawi really should consider making one, or they are gonna lose a ton of business in a few years when the current batch of KLX250 owners grow out of the beginner's bike mold and desire a big-bore grunter DS bike. I hope Kawi makes a 450-S in the next few years. Or I hope that the DRZ is modernized with a 6th gear maybe? Or USD forks. I'll be jumping ship to team yellow if Kawi doesn't come up with a bigger DS bike (if I don't own a pickup truck by the time I pay off the KLX)

• klxklxklx

Posted May 17, 2009 - 07:44 PM

yes your correct in saying that it is a klx450r not klx450s i misread it thinking it said 450,s ..that s series would be a good seller.but over here i think somepeople might just make there klx450r that little more street capable.

• rwamf

Posted May 18, 2009 - 07:01 AM

Seems like the KTM EXC has shown everybody the way. The other manuacturers need to step up to the plate!

Actually it was Husqvarna in 2006 that was first to offer the 50 state legal TE250, 450, 510 and 610's
Not KTM , KTM's came in 07:bonk:

• deej

Posted May 19, 2009 - 06:09 AM

Yea I heard they got one in Aus but its not street legal either. And in California you need a permit just to fart.......sorry I couldn't resist. :doh:

• roadglider

Posted May 19, 2009 - 08:27 AM

Yeah you know farting is a major contributor to global warming. Nancy Pelosi says BBQ's and fart restrictions are necessary to preserve the environment. Do you suppose the politicians hot air contributes too? Sorry I couldn't resist either.

• Hoeds

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:16 PM

I may have miss read the above emails so here goes the KLX450 in Australia is street legal they are all registerable (is that word) have a horn, indicator, brake light, keyed ignition etc.

• reconranger

Posted May 20, 2009 - 07:01 AM

I may have miss read the above emails so here goes the KLX450 in Australia is street legal they are all registerable (is that word) have a horn, indicator, brake light, keyed ignition etc.

Unfortunately going to need an S behind it, not an R to work here.......

Use to be you could slap a Baja kit on anything and register it, but not anymore.

• diversproducts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:30 PM

Isn't Kawasaki and Suzuki owned by the same holding company now? They probably get enough sales from the DRZ SM side that they feel it fills the need/demand. I don't foresee the klx250sf selling many bikes, so that doesn't bode well for a klx450 street legal future.

• cliffsta

Posted May 20, 2009 - 08:30 PM

I don't think they're owned by the same company.... they worked together on some bikes (The old KLX-400 and the older DRZ were the same bikes) but I dno't think they actively have a partnership.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.