battery chargers

7 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted March 10, 2003 - 02:57 PM

anyone have any suggestions for a battery charger? how much ?

• dmp437

Posted March 10, 2003 - 03:20 PM

Here's a good one >HERE< that is a lot like the Snap-On battery charger that I have. It's a "smart" charger that has a small circuit board in it that acts as the brains. When you first hook it up it checks for reverse polarity before it powers up. If the polarity is correct, it starts with a strong charge and eventually tapers down slowly to zero, before automatically shutting off. I'm pretty sure Century made my Snap-On unit and I'm very happy with it. You can get one from Snap-On, but you'll pay well over $100 for almost the same product.

• Superbike

Posted March 10, 2003 - 03:27 PM

Battery tender. About $40 bucks from the bike shop.
Yuasa has one in the parts unlimited catalog that looks like a nice unit. really, any automatic battery charger that does gel cells will work. Do not fast charge these! Hope this helps a bit. ---Mike

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 10, 2003 - 03:41 PM

I agree. I have used Battery Tender for years with no problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motocross921

Posted March 10, 2003 - 03:44 PM

Hey buddy hows the riding down by you is there still snow on the ground

• tk421

Posted March 10, 2003 - 03:47 PM

I like the battery tender too.
I use one for the V-Max, and one for the GSXR 600.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 11, 2003 - 06:20 AM

Snow is gone for the most part! :)

• ThumperWR450F

Posted March 13, 2003 - 01:06 AM

Thanx for the feed back . i went with the battery tender !!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.