400 or 426

3 replies to this topic
  • LoveToRideDirt

Posted September 02, 2002 - 05:06 PM

Im thinking about purchasing a 2000 WR-400. Would it be better to get a 426 or is that too much for tight trails and long rides.

• Snapper

Posted September 02, 2002 - 10:06 PM

Depends on your style and weight. Heavier and/or more aggresive = tend towards the 426.

I ride all sorts on my 426 and have no issues.

they are both good bikes and close enough that when buying second hand you might as well buy the first one in good condition you come across - 400 or 426.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pyroted

Posted September 03, 2002 - 02:32 AM

They are indeed so close that a friend of mine had a 99' 400 and a 01' 426 he sold the 426 less than 1 season after buying it and kept the 99 because it had a lic plate. We would drag race and the bikes were equal there but he may have had more power coming out of the hole and corners. BTW I have a 2000 WR 400 for sale. Free Mods and other extras including Dual sport kit and Plate.

cycle trader ad

pyroted@yahoo.com

• lewichris

Posted September 03, 2002 - 04:15 AM

my 400 still totes my fat ass around really well. good luck spending money.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.