Applied Racing

9 replies to this topic
  • PowerBomb

Posted May 15, 2009 - 11:45 AM

Quick question:

I read that Applied Racing makes handlebar riser/fat bar adaptor for the WR. I can't seem to find it anywhere on the net. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Are there other brands that make an adaptor for the WR to raise the bars and allow for a 1 1/8 pipe?

Thanks for your help,
Brian

• Kitchener

Posted May 15, 2009 - 11:48 AM

Maybe they don't advertise it. Call them. Last fall, I added this to my 2003 WR. VERY NICE top clamp.

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 15, 2009 - 11:50 AM

I bought them right off the shelf at the shop... they are not WR specific, they bolt onto any stock clamp for 7/8 bars... they give you about 3/4" rise and an 1 1/8" clamp... and they were Applied.... I am sure other companies make them.

• DrzDasher

Posted May 15, 2009 - 08:22 PM

If you have a 03 04 you can run these, I have them, they are for the 46mm forks, the ones for newer yzs are for 48mm and they have those too, can't beat the price. You will have to do some fitting though.http://www.oemcycle....em/product/4836

• SPLATT

Posted May 15, 2009 - 09:21 PM

Look here http://www.btosports.com/p/APWRCK and click on the drop down menu.

Steve

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • schrode

Posted May 15, 2009 - 09:24 PM

rocky mountain mc sells riser/adapters for about $20. i think tusk makes them

• PowerBomb

Posted May 16, 2009 - 05:18 AM

If you have a 03 04 you can run these, I have them, they are for the 46mm forks, the ones for newer yzs are for 48mm and they have those too, can't beat the price. You will have to do some fitting though.http://www.oemcycle....em/product/4836

I have an 02 WR426. Are the fork dimensions the same as an 02 YZ426f?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Brian

• PowerBomb

Posted May 16, 2009 - 08:18 AM

It looks like the Protaper triple clamp is 46mm for the 02 YZF and the 02 WR so I went ahead and bought it. I can't believe it was only $48!

Thanks DrzDasher for the link.

When you say it needs some fitting, what do you mean?

• SPLATT

Posted May 16, 2009 - 09:52 AM

I have an 02 WR426. Are the fork dimensions the same as an 02 YZ426f?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Brian

Yes they are.

Steve

• DrzDasher

Posted May 16, 2009 - 11:08 PM

FOr the headlight brackets on the sides, just some minor trimming and the stock odometer bracket. Takes around twenty minutes to mod it. Also yopu can bolt a gpr v2 right up. Mice triple, and you can't beat the price. If you have any questions I could post pics of how I mounted.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.