04' 450 Flywheel

4 replies to this topic
  • dirthogg

Posted May 15, 2009 - 07:20 AM

I've been doing some research about adding a flywheel weight to my 04'. I will purchase it from Dr. D because they said I can keep my stock one and it will only cost $90.

I'm trying to decide between the 6oz and 8oz flywheel. No woods riding, all mx. One track is tighter with some loamy corners but mostly hard packed. The other track I ride is almost all loamy and a lot faster speeds.

Do you think I'd be better suited for the 6oz or 8oz flywheel?
Or what weight have you installed or would prefer?

Thanks,

• grayracer513

Posted May 15, 2009 - 07:41 AM

Better check again with DRD. Their flywheels have always been sold on an exchange basis, although they allow you to keep you original until you receive and install theirs, at which time you return your stocker to them.

Go with the 8oz. The isn't really worth the trouble. The flywheel WILL NOT slow the bike down in any noticeable way, and will do nothing but improve every aspect of it's performance in the dirt; traction, throttle control, lugging ability, everything. I had one on my '03, and I'm using the heavy GYT-R 'wheel on my '06. They should have been built with these.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirthogg

Posted May 15, 2009 - 07:54 AM

I don't have to exchange mine because they already have too many stock flywheels and she said they don't want any more... plus for me!

I spoke with Mark at DR.D and he didn't think I'd want the 8oz but with your recommendation and my research, I'm thinking the 8oz is what I want.

If I'm going to make a change I'd rather have it be a bigger one so I can feel the difference and if I need to step down I can always send it back.

Better check again with DRD. Their flywheels have always been sold on an exchange basis, although they allow you to keep you original until you receive and install theirs, at which time you return your stocker to them.

Go with the 8oz. The isn't really worth the trouble. The flywheel WILL NOT slow the bike down in any noticeable way, and will do nothing but improve every aspect of it's performance in the dirt; traction, throttle control, lugging ability, everything. I had one on my '03, and I'm using the heavy GYT-R 'wheel on my '06. They should have been built with these.

• dirthogg

Posted June 04, 2009 - 02:14 PM

I finally go the 8oz and rode last weekend. I really liked the change and it deffinetly didn't slow the bike down at all.

Thanks for the help Gray.

• FinchFan194

Posted June 04, 2009 - 09:25 PM

Sweet I am gonna do my 04 one of these days. . .gotta do a topend first

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.