I'm sending the boingers up to Smart Performance

9 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 14, 2009 - 06:49 PM

After extensive reading here on TT, I've decided to go with Dave at Smart Performance for the suspension re-spring and re-valve.

More info when it's done.

• SXP

Posted May 14, 2009 - 09:36 PM

After extensive reading here on TT, I've decided to go with Dave at Smart Performance for the suspension re-spring and re-valve.

Did the 6.3 spring work for you?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 14, 2009 - 10:25 PM

good move. There's no doubt that you get the best bang for the buck with Dave. I continue to be impressed with my yz250 and the work he's done with it. I think he knows the Kayaba's very well, even the 46mm ones.

Dave has engineered his own suspension fluid. Be sure to get some extra incase you have to adjust your fluid level or blow a seal or something. Although, now that he's done my forks, they soak up the big hits very well and doesnt seem like my forks are as stressed as they were before.

is he setting it up for desert or for dual sporting?

• beezer

Posted May 15, 2009 - 07:50 AM

I bought a kit for my WR that I'm gonna install myself.

I'll have to stock up on beer.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 15, 2009 - 08:13 PM

Did the 6.3 spring work for you?

WAY, WAY, WAY too stiff. Looks like 5.9 will work best. I'm leaving it for Dave to sort out. I've already put in about 90 hours on the carb/jetting/tps, and it works
great. I don't have time to do the same for the suspension, as I figure it will take twice as long to dial in than a carb, and three times more difficult.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted May 15, 2009 - 09:07 PM

WAY, WAY, WAY too stiff. Looks like 5.9 will work best. I'm leaving it for Dave to sort out. I've already put in about 90 hours on the carb/jetting/tps, and it works
great. I don't have time to do the same for the suspension, as I figure it will take twice as long to dial in than a carb, and three times more difficult.

I'll buy it back from you if you don't want it:thumbsup:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 16, 2009 - 06:41 AM

I'll buy it back from you if you don't want it:thumbsup:

Sold. What did I pay again? $ 250???:doh:
pacificaudiolabs@msn.com

• SXP

Posted May 17, 2009 - 06:50 AM

Sold. What did I pay again? $ 250???:doh:
pacificaudiolabs@msn.com

Paypal sent.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 17, 2009 - 07:11 AM

Paypal sent.

Damn, nothing like waking up to a cash influx!

I will ship asap.

Thanks!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 17, 2009 - 07:03 PM

I removed the forks and shock in 18 minutes. Do I get a bronze medal?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.