Is there a "better" place to mount my (Moose) Roll Chart Holder?

1 reply to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted September 02, 2002 - 07:32 AM

Since mounting it anywhere on the cross bar, or near my levers will provide me with an:

"Unconditional Money Back Guarantee to Break Instantly when I Hit the Ground"

I would like to go somewhere else w/ it. It will not fit on the main bar between the handlebar clamps, and I suppose I could somehow fabricate a bracket w/ lots of ductape, some lockwire, electrical tape, nails, hammer and drywall plaster :) .

Just wondering if someone else has come up w/ something I am looking for??

NHK

[ September 02, 2002, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: NH Kevin ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted September 02, 2002 - 12:55 PM

I belong to an enduro club here in So Calif. Most of the riders just build a dashboard for computer stuff, and just mount the roll chart holder to the left handlebar between the dashboard and the clutch perch. It's all right out in harm's way, so a good crash may be costly. Too bad there isn't a better solution yet.
I don't use a roll chart holder right now since I started using the Procomp computer. I may add it back on to do AMA races, but so far have not felt the need.
I was able to tuck the Procomp down behind the stock number plate/headlight housing in a protective aluminum box right where the stock odo was. That has been fine so far.
Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.