03' wr450?

4 replies to this topic
  • 426fireman

Posted March 10, 2003 - 06:42 AM

I currently ride a 02'yz 426. I want to go with e-start and wide ratio trans. I love my yz for MX but not the best for woods. And when the engine dies during a scramble, it is a pain to get going again. So what are the problems with the WR450? I am a blue/white guy but the orange offers a lot of good things too?

• sjw

Posted March 10, 2003 - 08:25 AM

we just put 150 miles on 5 wr450S sat & sun and had nothing but fun,all the bikes ran great! nobody had any complaints.these bikes are great!!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 10, 2003 - 08:25 AM

No real problems with the WR450. It is a solid bike. A little on the tall side. I think that can be a down fall for shorter riders in technical terrain when putting a foot down can save you from a get off. If I was under 5'8" I would look at the Huskies with 36" seat heights.

• mntmayfly

Posted March 10, 2003 - 02:15 PM

if you dont mind me asking, where did you get the devol radiator guards and how much?

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 11, 2003 - 06:13 AM

Check out this Devol web site to order the guards. Prices are on the site.
I am very satisfied with the rad & frame guard. I do not like their brake disc and skid plate guards.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.