2008 WR450F unknown noise

2 replies to this topic
  • HEELER

Posted May 13, 2009 - 06:26 PM

Hi guy's:thumbsup: I just went for a ride the other day and i have a tingy sound comin from down from my left hand side of the motor and its only when i give it a fist full:banghead: . Now i know i have chain slap because it is evedent on my frame and i have had this for some time now but it has never made the noise i hear now:foul: . All i have done since i last rode it is i put a 15.5 litre tank on. I thought it might have been my cam chain but when its just sitin and runnin and i rev it there's nothin out of the ordinary in sounds its only when im ridin. Can any body shed some light on the subject:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snaggletooth

Posted May 13, 2009 - 07:49 PM

I have been hearing the same thing lately but I think it's just time for a new chain, I hope. The 07+ WR has a noise engine/tranny. I remember reading: If your new WR sounds like it has rocks in the tranny check it it might have or don't worry they just sound that way : )

• zorroz

Posted May 14, 2009 - 01:35 AM

Hi guy's:thumbsup: I just went for a ride the other day and i have a tingy sound comin from down from my left hand side of the motor and its only when i give it a fist full:banghead: . Now i know i have chain slap because it is evedent on my frame and i have had this for some time now but it has never made the noise i hear now:foul: . All i have done since i last rode it is i put a 15.5 litre tank on. I thought it might have been my cam chain but when its just sitin and runnin and i rev it there's nothin out of the ordinary in sounds its only when im ridin. Can any body shed some light on the subject:worthy:

How many k's you done? Mine started to make a bit more noise with 10,000ks I think the timing chain might be due for replacement.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.