Anyone remove electric start from WR450?

3 replies to this topic
  • RPS

Posted March 09, 2003 - 07:44 PM

Has anyone removed the electric start from a WR450F?

If so:

How difficult was it?
How much weight did it take off of the bike?

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted March 09, 2003 - 08:26 PM

No, and I haven’t removed the leather seats out of the Acura either. What do I know anyway, go for it if that makes the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 10, 2003 - 08:31 AM

Why get rid of that wonderful button! When you are in the middle of a gruelling hare scamble and have an exhausting get off it is so nice to get back on and just hit the e- button.

• WR250fla

Posted March 10, 2003 - 08:56 AM

A freind(senior A rider) of mine took the e start and battery off his WR450 before he ever rode the thing. I sure he saved alot of weight, but I don't know what he did about where the starter gear goes into the case.I can find out if you want.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.