My new to me 04 WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • anathema

Posted May 12, 2009 - 08:31 PM

Hey guys I went down to the USA when the canadian dollar was at parity (A while ago I know, but I tore my rotator cuff and havent ridden since). Picked it up for $3500. The bike was worth closer to 5000$ here at the time so I thought it worked out well for me.

Anyways, just a hello to the WR forum and a question..

What exhaust is this? Clearly not the stock or stock with GYTR..anyone know? YZ? Something weird?

Posted Image

Also curious what tank and capacity it is on there?:

Posted Image

Anyways, already learned a lot! Grey wire mod done, and some other freebies.

It has a $1000 racetech gold valve with respring etc suspension job, so it rides REALLY nice.

Also got a new rear trials tire and will be checking out how that feels when my TT order comes in!

Posted Image

• DrzDasher

Posted May 13, 2009 - 12:29 AM

That looks like a yz can. That tank is the ims 3.2, make sure on the fuel lines there are some heat shields coming from the right to left side. Nice bike, I love mine.

• anathema

Posted May 13, 2009 - 06:13 AM

The right side seems to just be plugged off, so I just tip the bike if I run out, gets me another half gallon or so :doh:

Thanks on the can, at least now I know!

Also, never sit on a trials tire..OUCH it grabs you.

• doctorchopper

Posted May 15, 2009 - 01:15 AM

well you got a better deal than you thought, that is an 05 model. It's a stock wr pipe, you can tell its an 05 model by the front forks and the routing of the front brake cable as well as that exhaust can, unless someone has changed the front forks to 05's as well as the can, but i doubt it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ww44wrf450f

Posted May 15, 2009 - 06:51 AM

I think it's the stock can as well?, take the end cap off and have a look inside?

Posted May 15, 2009 - 10:09 AM

Just look on the tire side of the can... it will be stamped with the USFS Approved S/A stamp... that will tell you it's a WR can... yeah it looks like an 05'. Do you have a pic of the tail? It probably has the GYTR insert if it's a larger diameter... thats a good in-expensive and quiet set up:thumbsup:

• tek9tim

Posted May 15, 2009 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, the rear number plates also have grab holes on both sides, a feature absent from the 03-04 wr.

Posted May 15, 2009 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, the rear number plates also have grab holes on both sides, a feature absent from the 03-04 wr.

04' had one on the right side only right? (Albeit too small to get your hand into)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.