'09 YZ450 Exhaust???

14 replies to this topic
  • 01yz426

Posted May 12, 2009 - 08:28 PM

I've sold my '08yz450 and looking to get an '09 by this coming weekend and would like to add an aftermarket exhaust the the beast before I pick it up... My '08 was all stock and I've only dealt with FMF in the past...

I'm thinking along the lines of a Full Pro-Circuit system with a spark arrester... But am open to any other thoughts... Thanks for reading my post...

• Justin89

Posted May 12, 2009 - 08:51 PM

My buddies and I all have 08s (mine is all stock). They all have PCs and have gone throught them like french frys. They are Intermediate riders and have poked holes through each one (in can). They have the Ti's. They just ditched the PCs and ordered SS DRD'S (today). I'm prolly going with DRD Carbon as well.:doh: I had a FMF Ti Factory 4.1/Powerbomb header combo and it was good as well. I've never had anything besides FMF so I wanna try something new:thumbsup: :snore:

• grayracer513

Posted May 12, 2009 - 09:02 PM

The stainless DRD system w/sparky works very well for me. At their price, they seem a good value, too.

• MikeyT750

Posted May 13, 2009 - 02:23 PM

Maybe this is just me but I have a DR D Stainless and love it. The only problem is that I have put 2 holes in different riding pants in the RT side knee. For some reason durring riding my knee touches the header instantly melting a hole in the pants. Anyone else have this happen?

• JESSEH833

Posted May 13, 2009 - 07:01 PM

I Run The Fmf Ti With Mega Bomb Header And Works Well Too. Was The Best Bang For The Buck Too

• yz007f

Posted May 16, 2009 - 07:31 AM

Dr.D is the way to go. I have said it before on other posts that I have had PC pipes and would never run them again.. They blow packing out like shit through a goose.

• grayracer513

Posted May 16, 2009 - 07:39 AM

With regard to packing and DRD pipes, do yourself a favor when repacking them and use only DRD's preformed packing. It lasts at least 8 times longer than any kind of roll or sheet packing you can put in it, and is well worth the seemingly high price of $30, IMO.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DND

Posted May 18, 2009 - 02:58 PM

On my '09 I went with the FMF Megabomb and a Q4Ti. This combo woke up the low to mid and made it quieter too.

• davidl9999

Posted May 18, 2009 - 03:04 PM

Dr.D is the way to go. I have said it before on other posts that I have had PC pipes and would never run them again.. They blow packing out like shit through a goose.

Are you using PC's packing or the "regular" cheap stuff? I'm pretty happy with my PC Ti-4 GP system on my '09 WR450F so far. (not many hours on it yet).
Fwiw, I like the PC header bend; it doesn't drop over the top oil filter bolt like the TwoBros M7 I had on my '07 WR250F.

• yz007f

Posted May 18, 2009 - 05:27 PM

I was using the premium 4-stroke packing package from fmf the 4 layer kind.

• grayracer513

Posted May 18, 2009 - 06:24 PM

I was using the premium 4-stroke packing package from fmf the 4 layer kind.

Yep, that's the same garbage I tried to use in my oldest DRD pipe. It was almost a year old when the original packing went away, and the FMF "Premium" lasted two rides each of the two times I tried it. The DRD packing has been in there more than 6 months, and was 30 times easier to use.

• davidl9999

Posted May 18, 2009 - 07:20 PM

+1 on using the packing made for the (PC) pipe.

• Sprew

Posted May 18, 2009 - 08:17 PM

Yep, that's the same garbage I tried to use in my oldest DRD pipe. It was almost a year old when the original packing went away, and the FMF "Premium" lasted two rides each of the two times I tried it. The DRD packing has been in there more than 6 months, and was 30 times easier to use.

Sounds like the DRD product is performing for you. Bristol Core make a glass strand product called system 30. Might want to evaluate it if you get the chance.

• silentZ

Posted May 19, 2009 - 01:10 PM

How loud is the DRD Stainless on a YZ450F?

I have sensitive ears, and I don't want to be that guy

• grayracer513

Posted May 19, 2009 - 01:20 PM

I believe the actual figure DRD gave for the YZ450 was 97dB, with fresh packing, which is in the "not bad" category.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.