2 replies to this topic

Posted February 17, 2001 - 10:45 PM

i have a wr and was wondering as i only use it on the road at the moment (work etc) what should the maintenance routine be oil etc its seems a bit much to change oil every other week i'm probably only doing 100 miles or so a week ,,do any WR sumpermoto owners have any info on what they do with their bike and when?................

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joecallan

Posted February 21, 2001 - 08:14 PM

I put 2500 miles on my bike with the same oil. I don't think its a big deal as long as the oil doesn't break down or get dirty. I've only been out hard riding for about 150 miles with almost no dust. The oil still looks new and smells good... but i think it's time to change it. :)

• ande749

Posted February 23, 2001 - 03:28 AM

I've ridden my 99 WR about 12000 km since last July. It was a new bike and since it was a previous year's model I got it cheap. I've done my riding mostly on trails and gravel roads. I've kept about a 1000 km oil change interval and did my first valve clearance check/adjust at 6000 km. Now it's about the time for the second check/adjust. No problems so far.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.