2005 WR450 Dual Sport in ME?

5 replies to this topic
  • Skeld

Posted May 11, 2009 - 07:38 PM

My friend just bought a 2005 WR450 and he's planning to dual sport it here in Maine. Anyone else here been able to do this recently? Supposedly there's a new law that makes this tricky to do now here. Also, any suggestions on what would be the best kit for him to use? The Baja Designs one looks ok, I like the fact that it actually uses the stock headlight compared to most of their kits.

• Woodrider37

Posted May 13, 2009 - 07:56 PM

check with Woody's at Topsham or Central Maine Powersports at Lewiston

• mikenash

Posted May 13, 2009 - 11:20 PM

Maine Cycle in Lewiston/ Auburn they will point you in the right direction.:doh:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Skeld

Posted May 14, 2009 - 06:59 PM

Thanks we will look into it!

• MaxPower

Posted May 14, 2009 - 09:12 PM

[COLOR="Green"]when looking for a dual sport kit, I will share my horrible experiance of the Electro Sport Dakar Kit. Not even the kit as much as the bad customer service.
Get a Trick Dual Sport Kit
Good Luck

• ATVtrader

Posted July 13, 2009 - 07:09 AM

I am the friend of Skeld with the WR450. I was able to plate the bike, now I am in search of a dual sport kit to purchase. I am leaning toward the Baja Designs kit, if any one has pictures of this kit installed on a WR450 I would love to see them. Thanks for the help.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.