It's this fast (WR400)...

4 replies to this topic
  • WRider995

Posted August 31, 2002 - 05:05 PM

I've got a CR250, professionally ported. When I race my buddy on his '01 XR650 (power up mods done, and W.B. exhaust) I beat him by about a bike length halfway through 5th (then he's gone).
When I race him on his xr and i'm on my '00 WR400 it's dead even up to about 65mph. He's 25 lbs heavier than me, though. My throttle stop is removed, FMF power bomb header, FMF power core muffler, twin air, Michelin on rear. The mj is too lean also; i'm waiting on the jet so it should be faster out of the hole. So there you have it for those who care.

• Jekel

Posted September 01, 2002 - 12:10 PM

I care and like the results :D :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huskyrider

Posted September 01, 2002 - 06:29 PM

WRider,
What happens at 65?
I've got a bud with the same bike and I can stay in front on anything except a long dirt road.
I'd say he's got 10 to 15 mph more top end speed.
Anybody know the topend speed on a 01 wr426 with all free mods.
It feels like low to mid 80's.

• WRider995

Posted September 02, 2002 - 05:06 PM

Well Husky, at 65 he basically takes off. I forgot to mention the rear sprocket is 2 teeth larger than stock on my WR400, so I am losing some on top. He's clocked his at 95mph (he's got a speedo on it). Trust me, the XR 650 is faster top speed, but it's supposed to be. It's a desert bike. You should see him fight that Big Red Pig through single track, though. Heart attack candidate.

• SNF

Posted September 03, 2002 - 05:18 PM

My buddy kept trying to drag me with his YZ125... I crushed him... He'll never learn...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.