Anyone installed a Power Now?

7 replies to this topic
  • yamaharichey

Posted March 09, 2003 - 07:43 AM

Took out the WR450 yesterday, WOW! the power still amazes me every time I ride it, and thats just with the free mods.I don't know if I will even put a pipe on it, but I was wondering what that new Power Now device would do. Any reports?

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 09, 2003 - 08:44 AM

use the search feature >> you may fry your processor w/ all the info on this website on this subject!

Check the YZF250, 450, & WR400 forums

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 09, 2003 - 08:50 AM

I have the power now installed on my wr450. I can feel the improved off idle throttle response. Thats about all it does I think.

• KiwiThumper

Posted March 09, 2003 - 10:42 AM

Has anyone tried making their own PowerNOW/JamesNOW for the WR450?
Reading the PowerNOW website the material is now steel rather than alloy I am guessing due to the rear carb boot not being a bolt on anymore.
As the rear carb boot is just rubber, is it strong enough to hold a piece of aluminium plate? The last thing we want is that to be sucked up into the engine :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KiwiThumper

Posted March 11, 2003 - 02:04 PM

I guess not due to the lack of response ....

• blue_beast_wins

Posted March 11, 2003 - 09:00 PM

I thought i red something about it wasn't posible :)

• yamaha.dude

Posted March 11, 2003 - 10:35 PM

It just takes a bit of creativity to make the thing fit the 03 models... if someone does it, then send a writeup to us all... if someone wants to send me a YZ450 or WR450 to experiment on, then I will be happy to design one that fits, and do the write up... :)

David

• blue_beast_wins

Posted March 11, 2003 - 10:40 PM

i'll test it :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.