white bros xcs and e series

3 replies to this topic
  • Pete Thomo

Posted May 11, 2009 - 12:08 PM

Can any one help with my problem i have been told by a dealer in the uk that the white bros xcs and e series end cans will not fit the header of my 08 wr450 is this true or do you lads just fit a sleeve to the smaller header and tighten up to it some pics of your work would be most helpful
thanks Thomo

• beezer

Posted May 11, 2009 - 12:16 PM

White Brothers went out of business. Vance & Hines bought what was left of them. Which is a shame, they made great pipes.

The WR and YZ have different diameter head pipes. Just get a YZ headpipe on eBay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pete Thomo

Posted May 11, 2009 - 03:00 PM

Is there a shim or filler that will fill the gap ? how much gap? the pipe was ment for a wr450 not a yz450 are the US wr bigger bore?
thanks for your speedy reply

• davidl9999

Posted May 11, 2009 - 03:08 PM

Is there a shim or filler that will fill the gap ? how much gap? the pipe was ment for a wr450 not a yz450 are the US wr bigger bore?
thanks for your speedy reply

If the pipe was made to fit the WR header, you would not be asking this question. The cans and midpipe are made to fit the YZ header.
I had a similar issue fitting a TwoBros can and midpipe to a WR header. I gave up on kludging it together and just bought the matching TwoBros YZ header.
You can do a few things here (imo):

1) Get a YZ header from eBay. They're pretty cheap.
2) Get a YZ White Bros header from eBay or ask around the forums if anyone has one.
3) Other 3rd-party YZ slip-on headers will probably fit as well. Afaik, FMF Power Bomb and Mega Bomb headers will fit other MFR's midpipes. IDK for sure.
4) Keep the WR header, cut the carbon o-ring to fit, and clamp the midpipe to the WR header over the o-ring. Some red RTV may be needed if the joint leaks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.