01 426 White Bros. Exhaust Plates

24 replies to this topic
  • shovelhead1

Posted December 20, 2009 - 10:30 PM

After looking at your pics again, I guess I need to try to find a "spark arrestor" for the E-Series exhaust. Does this sound right?

• matt4x4

Posted December 21, 2009 - 05:26 AM

yes - to complete what you have - you need a spark arrestor plate - othewise, you can just remove all the plates and just put the chrome cap directly onto the can since they do nothing without the spark arrestor plate.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PAKDXYZ

Posted December 21, 2009 - 09:01 AM

Yes once you put that plate on it will get a little quieter and you should have better performance. The less spacers you have the more torque and low end you have, adding spacers you lose some of the low end but gain top end. With the way you have it now I would say your low end power is suffering(if that is even a possibility with these bikes)
I would say your options are:
1. Try to find a spark arrestor plate, which I would imagine would be very difficult since white bros. was bought out by vance and hines and I don't believe they make this system anymore.
2. Make your own block off plate(shouldn't be too difficult)
3. Try to find a stock pipe on ebay, which will significantly reduce the noise and will actually perform better than your current setup.

• shovelhead1

Posted December 21, 2009 - 11:21 PM

Guys,
Thanks alot for the help. I have a buddy who owns a metal fab shop. So, I will be taking the picture of the correct set-up and one of the rings(for hole pattern), to him tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much torque this bike can really produce. I have a 14 tooth front and 52 tooth rear sprocket set up. So it should be interesting.

Thanks again for the help, Scotty

• coreyl

Posted December 29, 2009 - 10:00 PM

i had this exhaust on my old bike i didnt like it at all. it literaly fell apart on me. if you are looking for a quiet pipe with a spark arrestor and good performance go with the fmf q2 or q4

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.