questions about a new 07 450

1 reply to this topic
  • huskyrider

Posted May 10, 2009 - 07:19 PM

I just scored a new 07 for 4 bones.
I thought it was a really good deal and jumped on it.
Although I'm not to motocross competitive I'm curious as to how this unit will stack up against the other newer models.
I'd like an idea of what mods, especially the free ones, you'd suggest. And which mods that aren't free that are must haves.
I'm an average weight 175 to 185 depending on what I've eaten or how much beer I've drank the night before.
This site was a tremendous asset to me when I bought my WR 426's back in 2002.
I'm fixing to see if I can get back into some MX in an effort to help fill the thinning gates on race day and help make the front half of the class possible. LMAO!!!

Thanks for any insight you may have.

See ya,
Kelly

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted May 10, 2009 - 08:33 PM

I would say say 06 on up is competitive with the new stock as the improvements have been pretty minor, depends on who the rider is. The 07 has more power than the newer models due to the exhaust and cam profile. I would recomend raising the forks to the 5mm line and changing out to a 50tooth heat treated rear sprocket along with a GrayRacer recommended regina orn6 oring chain. and a 165 main jet. Should be off great. and exhaust sytem will wake the bike up with bottom end, Ie white bros pro 2 or similar.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.