2008 WR450f Bog after install of YZ throttle Stop

5 replies to this topic
  • Mobbs222

Posted May 10, 2009 - 05:51 PM

I changed the throttle stop to the YZ model on my dads 08 wr450, and when he opens the throttle up while it is in neutral there is a very intense bog. Sometimes the engine dies. I reinstalled the old throttle stop and no bog. Can someone explain this to me? Is this a re-jetting issue or an o-ring mod? All help much appreciated.

• KennyMc

Posted May 10, 2009 - 06:05 PM

I changed the throttle stop to the YZ model on my dads 08 wr450, and when he opens the throttle up while it is in neutral there is a very intense bog. Sometimes the engine dies. I reinstalled the old throttle stop and no bog. Can someone explain this to me? Is this a re-jetting issue or an o-ring mod? All help much appreciated.

The o-ring mod.:excuseme: The jetting depends on the altitude you are at in Nevada.

• Mobbs222

Posted May 10, 2009 - 06:23 PM

I have yet to read any posts indicating that after installing the throttle stop the o-ring mod must be preformed. Is this a common issue after doing the throttle stop mod? Do you have the quick link to the o-ring mod?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted May 10, 2009 - 08:26 PM

Here are the instructions that came with my JD-Jetting kit.

Posted Image

• Mobbs222

Posted May 10, 2009 - 09:53 PM

Awesome. Will be getting the JD jet kit.

• Demo_Slug

Posted May 11, 2009 - 02:51 PM

If you rip the throttle wide open from idle it is going to stall. Your vacuum and air flow thru the carburetor goes to near zero. And vacuum is what pulls fuel thru the carb.

http://en.wikipedia....lli's_principle

The only way to get fuel to the motor in that condition is to push it in thru the AP circuit, which works like a 59 cent squirt gun. The o-ring mod will get you enough spray to make it less notable. But if you twist it fast enough, it will stall.

Solution: Don’t rip the throttle wide open at idle or reinstall the throttle stop if you have no self control. maybe turn your idle speed up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.