WR450 On-road Reliability.

4 replies to this topic
  • lhopster

Posted May 09, 2009 - 02:37 AM

Can anyone chime in how reliable your 450 has been with exstensive on road
use? I would like to hear if you have put thousands of miles without any problems or, maybe you have? It's a great idea in theory but is it worth screwing the bike up and constantly fixing it?

• cmd

Posted May 09, 2009 - 10:24 AM

i put maybe a few hundred on mine before slappin' a set of 17's on it.:excuseme: after the motar conversion i put atleast 3-4k on it and never had a issue.i'd change the oil about every 2-300 miles.after having it set u as a sm i conveted back to it's woods set-up,sold it to a guy i know and he's still never had any issues with it.gearing it up helps,not being slack with your maintenance, and of course keeping it off the rev limiter helps.it's amazing how many guys i hear on their 450's ringing the :smirk: out of it..bouncing off the rev limiter.i mean come on,grap another gear.these 450's have plenty of power for some street riding in the twisties:ride: for what it's worth i'm on my 5th blue thumper...they're freakin bulletproof

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lhopster

Posted May 09, 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks man.

• roushxteam199

Posted May 09, 2009 - 12:34 PM

i have my made for the steet in complete supermoto trim. all you need to do is gear them and they are fun for a street fighter. changed the oil every 300 to 400 miles.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 09, 2009 - 01:01 PM

I ride the street two or three times a week, about a tank each time. Includes 75pmh fwy. I have no issues what so ever. It seems to be the most practical way to get a real dirtbike that is still barely usable on the freeway. If you can get it plated, that is.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.