taffy mod

5 replies to this topic
  • rockieman

Posted March 08, 2003 - 08:05 AM

I'm in the middle of performing the taffy mod after determining my squirt was too long.....upon completion I went back and primed the pump (with the carb off) checked the squirt....nothing :) I set the wheel collar at .025 off the brass sleve.....I cleaned the AP out prior to doing the mod....and even backed the collar off afterwards ....still not squirt :D seems to me I don't have it primed.....any suggestions????
Appreciate the help!!!

• CuLayTur

Posted March 08, 2003 - 07:52 PM

I had the same problem last night when I was playing around with the same mod. I had to remove the fuel bowl and fill the bowl with fuel and prime the pump. After that, no problems.

• Taffy

Posted March 09, 2003 - 07:50 AM

the above is right, get it all a bit wet and you'll be fine. you can even pull the rod out and pour a little down there if i remember rightly??? i may be wrong.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockieman

Posted March 09, 2003 - 09:37 AM

Got it....must not have been holding my mouth right the first time. Completed this mod along with the "JamesNow"... major difference at the bottom end, nothing but crisp throttle response. Very well worth the 2 hours and $7 bucks.
I'm a happy camper....now if the snow would just melt.

• Taffy

Posted March 09, 2003 - 01:16 PM

what's the JamesNow?

• KiwiThumper

Posted March 09, 2003 - 01:22 PM

Check This out

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.