Fork cap clicker adjustment

5 replies to this topic
  • divebobber

Posted May 07, 2009 - 10:32 PM

I'm doing a tear down of my forks on a 2000 426. The right fork rebound adjuster does not stop turning. I turned it in to see how many clicks out I was and it just kept turning. I turned it out and same thing. It also doesn't seem to move at all in relation to the fork cap. I looked in Thumpertalk's OEM store and don't see any caps in the parts list. Can the adjusters be replaced somehow? Nothing on EBAY either.

Thanks.

• RJB

Posted May 08, 2009 - 02:17 AM

Try Dave Johnson at Smart Performance www.smartperformanceinc.com. He was real quick in getting back to me and is a KYB authorized dealer. KYB catalog can be downloaded from here

• divebobber

Posted May 08, 2009 - 10:18 AM

Thanks Much!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FEAROFRUNNER

Posted May 08, 2009 - 12:53 PM

Can you post any information you find out about your adjuster problem?

• divebobber

Posted May 08, 2009 - 01:54 PM

I called Smart Performance at www.smartperformanceinc.com. They said that the whole fork cap has to be replaced, that you cannot just replace the adjuster. He has some used ones that I will buy from. Very helpful guy. Thank you RJB!

• RJB

Posted May 09, 2009 - 07:07 AM

I called Smart Performance at www.smartperformanceinc.com. They said that the whole fork cap has to be replaced, that you cannot just replace the adjuster. He has some used ones that I will buy from. Very helpful guy. Thank you RJB!

With pleasure. I got passed his contact details with regards to my grenaded free pistons and he [Dave] has shown the most awesome customer service and response.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.