05' Carb

2 replies to this topic
  • 426 NOOB

Posted May 06, 2009 - 11:19 PM

I am from the yzf forum but am working on a wr for my buddy. It had been sitting for 3 years with gas in carb. It ran but only wide open so my first thought was the pilot circuit. I pulled it and thoroughly cleaned all jets and passageways with large quantities of brake clean and 120 psi of air. It was spotless when I re installed it on the bike. I set the fuel screw two turns out and all jetting is totally stock. I also made extra sure that there are no air leaks. The bike actually idles now, but pops and studders. Wide open is still okay. I am only at 1200ft. elevation and just want it to run cleanly as the guy is not that good of a rider. What are the things commonly missed that would cause these problems? Any help would be appreciated. Tomorrow I will play with air fuel screw some more and take it on a test ride. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted May 07, 2009 - 03:22 AM

Replace the pilot jet, cleaning is a waste of time.

• 426 NOOB

Posted May 07, 2009 - 07:36 AM

Replace the pilot jet, cleaning is a waste of time.

how so? is it because its not straight through because of the holes?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.