Aftermarket subframes for BRP?

2 replies to this topic
  • FooBarr

Posted March 07, 2003 - 02:32 PM

Anybody know where I can get a subframe? I've tried to straighten mine several times but it always seems to warp to the left and the tire rubs the fender. I've checked and it looks like AC Racing does not make one for the BRP. :) The OEM price will probably require me to sell my first child.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dudenstumpy

Posted March 07, 2003 - 09:51 PM

Is your warp the result of a spill or is it just the
normal brp warp they leave the factory with?. I recall
seeing (on the net) a photo of 2 japanese mechanics
using a 2 metre long 6x4 wooden pole to straighten
the brp warp.

cheers, Craig

• FooBarr

Posted March 08, 2003 - 08:23 PM

Actually the previous owner had fallen hard on the right side. I stripped her down to the frame when I got her and cleaned it up and tweak the subframe some. Recently went to a wider tire and now it was rubbing again and had to tweak the frame some more. I threw a tie-down through the rafter and attached it to the sub frame. I'd lay the bike on it's left side and jump on it to get the frame to bend over. Only problem was when I was done it lined up with the tire, but sloped to the left side. When to Home Depo and bought a 5' pry bar. That did the trick. Now just need to find a welder to fix a 1" crack near the forward bolt.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  47 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.