Cleaning head pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • YZ426Tony

Posted March 07, 2003 - 08:24 AM

Hey guys i have a 2001 YZ426 with a FMF power bomb header, i ride a lot of trails and some track, any way, all the mud basically burns to the head and now looks like crap. Are there any trciks out there on how or what to clean them with? i have tried power washing it with somple green, but no go. any help would be appriciated. Thanks

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted March 07, 2003 - 08:33 AM

Use detergent and a scotchbrite pad.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted March 07, 2003 - 09:15 AM

just get a wet rag (like a sock) and loop it around the headpipe and pull each side of the rag like your buffing a shoe. :)

Works for me.

• Jonesy920

Posted March 07, 2003 - 10:54 AM

Let it Idle for about 10 minutes, take your tounge and lick the pipe. :D After that you won't care what it looks like :D :) :D :D :D

• mmbasa

Posted March 07, 2003 - 12:12 PM

OUCH, I just use a rag and some WD40.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.