Info re: Cloudcroft, New Mexico

1 reply to this topic
  • CAB

Posted March 07, 2003 - 05:52 AM

I'm planning a week-long camp trip with the family to Cloudcroft and am looking for any suggestions or specifics on where to camp with good access to dirt roads and trails. Bringing both the quad and dirtbike and camping with a toyhauler and two wheel drive truck. Anyone know this area well?? You can also e-mail me at azbrown@excite.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted March 07, 2003 - 01:42 PM

I don't know the area well, and haven't ever gotten the chance to ride the trails, but I have a few friends who love going up there.

If I were you the first thing I would do is call the USFS and get a Lincoln Natl. Forest Trail Map. You can call the Ruidoso office and see if they will send you one, or perhaps order one from a local USFS office in AZ.

Most of the good trails are right off highway 130 just a few miles from town, so you could either stay at an RV park in town or find a spot in the forest off 130.

You also may consider going to the RMEC website and sending them an email, they (along with Texas Enduro club) put on the Mile-High enduro there every year (in Sept. I believe) and so would have the skinny on parking and riding.

When you get the map, The trails my friends love to ride are:

232/247

113/9279/9277

It is only a two hour drive for me, so I don't know why I've never taken my bike up there, I guess I have plenty of local stuff to keep me entertained.

Hope this is helpful.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.