Billett Throttle Tube w/ Bark Busters

3 replies to this topic
  • hsstar

Posted March 07, 2003 - 04:57 AM

I am considering an aluminum throttle tube. I have Moose bark busters.

I know I will have to cut the end of the tube off. My question is, Has anbody had a bad experience because of the tube being weakend from the end being cut off?

The stock plastic tube is flexible and has never failed me, however I have a new bike now and only want the best.

Any first hand knowledge is what this web site is all about.

• Jonesy920

Posted March 07, 2003 - 05:14 AM

Don't hack the end of the throttle tube off. Bore a hole just big enough to let a little end cap remain it gives it a little more structural integrity. Becareful it is a fine line between a stuck throttle and freeplay. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 07, 2003 - 05:36 AM

I agree but when drilling a 3/4" hole in the plastic tube put aa adjustable metal clamp around the outside the tube to prevent the tube from cracking. Do not cut the end of the tube off.

• Hick

Posted March 07, 2003 - 02:01 PM

If you lop off the end of your throttle tube, plastic or Al, dirt will be able to get between the tube and the bars, especially if you cut the end of your throttle grip off (I do so the grip won't rub the guard and make the throttle stiff). You need some overhang to at least cover the bar thickness to keep dirt out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.