Power Bomb on 01 426

2 replies to this topic
  • shovelhead1

Posted May 04, 2009 - 07:37 AM

Guys,

I can get a power bomb header for my bike for free(a friend took one off of a bike he sold a while back). My bike now has a White Bros. E-series muffler . Will it be worth my time to install header and will the header work with the White Bros. muffler?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wondermuscle

Posted May 04, 2009 - 01:34 PM

I had one on my 01 426 and didn't notice much of a difference in power but the bike was a bit more quiet. If it is free and not to bent up give it a try to see if you like it. Make sure the exhaust gasket is intact when you swap headers, you don't want an exhaust leak.

• 642MX

Posted May 04, 2009 - 02:06 PM

The PB header smooths out the hit and make the power a little more user friendly. They also drop the exhaust note about 1 dB. I have one and like it. :excuseme:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.