Factory Pro Emulsion Tube Review

1 reply to this topic
  • wondermuscle

Posted May 04, 2009 - 07:08 AM

For those of you that are on the never ending quest for carburetion ambrosia, I have something that may help you succeed. The factory pro emulsion tube…… What is the emulsion tube? It is the tube that the main jet is threaded into. It emulsifies (mixes, atomizes etc.) the fuel as it gets pulled into the airstream of the carb. http://www.factorypr...mu_hi_disp.html

I have been playing around with different carb settings since I bought my 08 YZ 450 in Dec’ of 2008. I have played with main jets, pilot jets, needles and their positions. I got the bike to work great but it seemed that the needle position never gave me the crisp lower midrange that I was searching for.

Below are my current settings

45 Pilot Jet
2.5 turns out on the fuel screw
165 Main Jet
Stock needle
3rd clip
Factory Pro emulsion tube
I ride California desert at sea level and mountains of northern Baja with the same jetting.

I did some websearch and found that there is a company who makes their own emulsion tubes which help increase the efficiency of the main circuit in the FCRs. Zip-Ty Racing also endorses their product and uses them in some/most of their race bikes.

I ordered one from them over the phone because their website is a bit confusing, but none the less they have some great info on there.

The installation was as easy as swapping out a main jet.
Remove the 17mm float bowl plug, then use an 8mm to remove the emulsion tube. Swap the main jet to the new emulsion tube and put it back in. It takes about 5 minutes. I put a drop of gas on the o-ring of the new emulsion tube just to help it slide in.

The results were not mind boggling but it did exactly what I was looking for. It cleaned up the off idle to ¼ – ½ throttle response. I also noticed that the off idle bog is better but not fixed. I highly recommend this emulsion tube to help clean up the lower to midrange throttle response.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cablemonkey334

Posted May 06, 2009 - 03:27 PM

how do you get ahold of these guys , do they have a phone number an how much is it?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.