Vavle Check 06 WR450

2 replies to this topic
  • TimBrp

Posted May 04, 2009 - 06:13 AM

Guys, got my bike torn down getting ready for this season. It's only got ~1,800 miles on it and still starts up fine hot or cold. Should I bother to check the valve spec or just let her go? I know it's an easy thing to do but I'm pressed for time with a ride coming up on Saturday.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted May 04, 2009 - 06:21 AM

If the bike is torn down, I'd check them. It shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour. Unless you're afraid to find that it is out of spec and then have to shim them :excuseme:.
It's probably OK, though, and just barely out if not, so you should be fine, but it is easy to do.

• TimBrp

Posted May 04, 2009 - 07:32 AM

I'll just spec them out to be safe. Yah, I'd hate to find them way out and have to shim them. (let sleeping dogs lie, lol) I'm guessing they're fine. I just don't need them locking up on a ride 50 miles from the truck.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.