Busted spring guide front fork help!!

3 replies to this topic
  • blitzer544

Posted March 06, 2003 - 05:04 PM

I pulled my forks apart today and found the top of the plastic spring guide busted in many pieces. I changed my springs last fall and must have done something wrong when I put them back together. Any ideas? Can you still ride with the top 3" missing? It’s going to be sunny and mid 60s Saturday. I will go order one tomorrow.

• MOmilkman

Posted March 06, 2003 - 06:34 PM

Are you talking about part # 13,33 in the picture below?

Picture

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blitzer544

Posted March 06, 2003 - 06:43 PM

Thats it #13,33

• MOmilkman

Posted March 07, 2003 - 04:29 AM

Hmm, thats strange. Obviously it hung up on something. I didnt think that nylon piece was there for anything other that guiding the fork spring.
Theres no telling what could have shattered it. I would be sure and take the whole fork apart though to be sure and get all the pieces out. Never heard of this happening before.

I'd just order another and hope it dosent happen again. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.