Will this fit my bike?

4 replies to this topic
  • shrekmoose

Posted May 03, 2009 - 07:19 PM

Hey I decided to completely over fly the landing on a double the other day on my 01 yz426f and came down pretty hard. Luckily the only damage was a cracked back fender which I can live with a while, and I started leaking brake fluid around the fitting on the reservoir. I assume i need to replace my brake line on the front so I was wondering for one if the brake line sounds like the problem and also if it is will the line off a 1999 WR400FL fit? I found a stock one on ebay to get me along till i get some bills under control and can buy a nice braided hose for cheap. TIA for any help this is my first post but have been lurking for a while and learned a ton, this is a great site.

• wondermuscle

Posted May 04, 2009 - 01:43 PM

Try to tighten the banjo bolt on the reservior, it might be loose. Without a picture it is difficult to tell what the source of the leak might be. Try to find the leak by pressing down on the rear brake while looking for the leak at the reservior.

Pay the money for the right BRAKE line if that in fact is the issue. Moose and enduro engineering (I think) make steel braided lines for that bike.

Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shrekmoose

Posted May 04, 2009 - 01:51 PM

Thanks, yea imma try and tighten the banjo bolt then I get home. When i squeeze the brake lever it was seeping out around the fitting at the resivouir, it has completely seeped out all the fluid but changing it and bleeding the brakes is not a problem. As soon as i can get the money im going to go ahead and replace both front and rear lines with braided lines. Could is possibly be the banjo bolt that has broke? I cant see any noticable brakes or cracks in the line.

• grayracer513

Posted May 04, 2009 - 03:42 PM

You two need to get "break" and "brake" sorted out. The Banjo bolt could potentially be bent, causing it not to clamp the copper washers flatly enough.

You won't want to hear this, but the damage could also be to the master cylinder itself.

• shrekmoose

Posted May 04, 2009 - 05:15 PM

Nope didn't particularly want to here the master cylinder may be bad, but what happens happens I guess. I'm hoping its that banjo bolt bent as there was quite a bit of mud caked in the end of it like it hit hard. So I guess ill see of course I couldnt find the right allen wrench to get it out when I got home so.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.