street yz... about done.

All i am lacking is DOT tires and a mirror. but its almost there. I wired all the lights to a quick plug front and rear to switch back to all dirt in about 5 min.

I just used a R6 taillight that i had laying in the garage.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/jjcmx05/YZ002.jpg ...bike

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/jjcmx05/YZ005.jpg ... tail.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/jjcmx05/YZ007.jpg .. trail tech vapor

I'm so stinkin' jealous of you. I have an 03 YZ450F and would love to convert it. Here in CA, there is no chance of it. Looks good.

Do you think it's possible to convert a wr??

That bike is lookin sweet! I wanna do the same thing.

i had to find a frame from out of state and bring it back to ny.

i have a moose stator to a 3 amp hr battery i mounted in the air box. they use the battery's in battery backup lights for like malls and stores its thin fits right in and its only like 15 bucks. made my own quick release harness and thats about it. The horn flasher relay everything is mounted behind the headlight so it all comes off with the one plug. and i also had to use a sicass racing bar switch. it clears my magura clutch with no problem and has hi beam and directional indicators.

http://www.ragebattery.com/power-sonic/SLA-2_9-12.html

Not in California under the current rules, no.

Your only chance is to find one from out of state that has been plated and import it.

I was going to go this route but my friends wife (DMV supervisor) said they still look for epa compliance for CA (the 7th or 8th digit in the VIN#) when they do the inspection. Not to say you cant slip past some DMV's, unfortuneatley in Kalifornia you are screwed when trying to plate a newer bike!

Out of state, 49-State compliant cars and bikes can be registered in CA. In the case of a motorcycle, you may have to get an inspection to see if the required equipment is affixed, or if there is no Federal Compliant version, you could be out of luck.

2 different issues, apples and oranges. A 49 state compliant car or motorcycle can be registered in California since they are already on road vehicles (and must have 7,500 mi on the odometer) An offroad vehicle is a different story, if it was born off-road only, Kalifornia does not care if you have an on road title in whatever state it came from. When the inspection is done and the vin is run it will show off road only use compliant therefor, unregisterable for street use in Kalifornia. It is complete bs in my opinion and a newer bike is "cleaner " than any old bike could ever be especially with fuel injection coming out. Then again this state does not use common sense most of the time!

BTW

nice bike jj, I like the way you tucked the rear blinker wires, nice and neat. One question for you have you checked clearance on that plate and rear light set up? When I had my xr the plate would hit the tire when the bike was jumped.

yep its tucked up to the air box. tire wont be an issue. i can change the rear fender with all the lights and the headlight back to the number plate with 4 bolts and 2 plugs.

so i will switch back when i am going to race.

JJCMX05, i did the same thing to my 04 yz450 this winter (in michigan) went to run it and the electrosport stator only lasted about 1 hr. Got another one and didnt even hook my lights back up and it lasted another hour. ive been told they are the same as the moose one CHINEASE. looking for new alternitive.

This California thing is really a bummer - there's a good chance I'll be moving back to so cal in a year or two, and was thinking that since my bike ( 07 YZ450F )was already plated as a street legal bike that i could register it in cal no problem. guess i thought wrong!