New Chinese version of the WR450F

30 replies to this topic
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted May 04, 2009 - 12:19 PM

[sarcastic]Oh dear. Another American embarrassing himself. You do know that your little island is surrounded by oceans, and beyond the horizon the world is not flat. And about 6000 miles to your East is this little island called Great Britain. Several hundred years ago they made up this funny language called English... Aluminium is one of the words that they made up to describe a silver coloured metal, it even made it on to the periodic table, and most every other country in the world adopted the same word, except the Asmericans who bastardised it in to Aluminum.

Oh... and the metric system is pretty funny too. It was designed mostly by those weird Frenchies to make things easy for everyone (except Asmericans). Like the freezing point of water is 0 oC, and the boiling point is 100 oC. 1 Litre of water = 1000mL, 1000cc = 1 Litre. er... 1cc =1mL? Guess what, 1 Litre of water weighs 1Kg and will fill vessel that is 10cm x 10cm x 10cm (1000cc)[/sarcastic]

I like this. Please post more often Nick !

• davidl9999

Posted May 04, 2009 - 09:08 PM

The displacement said 449ml? wth..

And the frame is "aluminium" must be some new type of metal.. /sarcasm

Unless you're in the UK... it's Aluminium across the pond mate!
1ml = 1cc :excuseme:

At least they had a Brit check the Engrish... :smirk:

If you think about it, since elements end in "-ium" us Yanks got it wrong... :ride:

• mikeythefokker

Posted May 04, 2009 - 09:45 PM

Somebody should send the engineers at husaberg a note, because even that cheap p.o.s. has both kick and electric start. W to the T to the F.

• brad the best

Posted May 05, 2009 - 01:34 PM

Somebody should send the engineers at husaberg a note, because even that cheap p.o.s. has both kick and electric start. W to the T to the F.

i agree , the new husberg's should have a kick start to back them up . but you can always bomb start one if the battery died .

wouldn't stop me from buying one , only thing that is stopping me is the fact we don't have a dealer , plus they need a bigger fuel tank .

on another note that engine only has 4 valves , definitely not a 450 Yamaha design .

looks like a big rip off of a honda to me .

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 05, 2009 - 02:18 PM

looks like a big rip off of a honda to me .

Yeah but at least they got the color right :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted May 06, 2009 - 06:06 AM

it would be funny if the valves on this chinese copy of honda's engine lasted more than the valves on honda's own engines.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 06, 2009 - 06:16 AM

it would be funny if the valves on this chinese copy of honda's engine lasted more than the valves on honda's own engines.

:excuseme: :smirk: :ride:

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted May 06, 2009 - 10:07 AM

They probably will. Will probably be the cheaper stainless valves that everyone with a 450X wants anyway.

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 06, 2009 - 04:09 PM

I think engine durability is why the chinese 450x is down on power. If they tuned it to make as much power as an X or WR it'd last all of 7 hours...if that.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 06, 2009 - 06:19 PM

With 18 less HP, that wouldn't be too hard.....

• xr88honda

Posted May 07, 2009 - 12:36 PM

yea i was about to say that too it dosent make enough power to hurt its self btw that pos frame will break if you ever got enough speed to even jump it an you will get hurt look at all those junk bbr knock off 50s an 110s,theres a reason a bike cost 8000 new cause it not trash dont get me wrong its very cool but these companys have no r@d or quality control

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.