05 WR450F popping?

24 replies to this topic
  • sito

Posted May 07, 2009 - 04:05 PM

still pretty easy.
put it on the edge of the shorty screwdriver (part of the jet tool if you have one).
Hold the jet on the screwdriver blade and find the hole (pretty far left in the 17mm hole next to the main jet and inside the white plastic baffle). Push it in, then screw it in.
Tada!

No doubt there will be some choice words to be heard. ;-)

Here's the update on the 1st thread I hijacked :excuseme: http://www.thumperta...938#post8068938

• sito

Posted May 08, 2009 - 03:32 AM

Do you still have the AIS on it?

AIS is gone. Sorry I missed this q.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ShiftRacing144

Posted May 11, 2009 - 05:35 PM

Well, we got it in the shop, we jumped the jet size up from a 156 to a 158, if i remember right. Hopefully the damn things ok. thanks for the advice though guys!

• sito

Posted May 13, 2009 - 06:37 PM

still pretty easy.
put it on the edge of the shorty screwdriver (part of the jet tool if you have one).
Hold the jet on the screwdriver blade and find the hole (pretty far left in the 17mm hole next to the main jet and inside the white plastic baffle). Push it in, then screw it in.
Tada!

No doubt there will be some choice words to be heard. ;-)

Determined that the fuel screw didn't have the o ring and spring on it; at least it/they didn't come out when I pulled it out. Or they're gone. So trying to install another fuel screw, the zipty, with spring, o ring, and washer. Won't screw in. Just won't. So I pull that out and now the o ring and washer are apparently jammed in there, probably with the other ones! Tried a bent wire hanger to pull them out with no joy.

Got to tell you, I don't mind screwing with carbs. I know it's a lot of independent variables and almost an art form. But not being able to quickly pull the carb out makes working on it really unenjoyable.

Pulling the carb entails pulling out the rear shock, right? That job in itself looks daunting to me, reading the manual. So I'm damn near trailing it to a dealer and giving up. At that point I'll ask them if the 09 has fuel injection and swap out the wheels and ditch the 07...

Thanks for letting me vent...:doh:

• davidl9999

Posted May 13, 2009 - 07:34 PM

Been there, done that.

Two of my favorite* tools:
Mirror (when I can't quite contort the human form enough to look upside down into some obscure orifice that some engineer halfway around the world thought was a good idea to put in a bad spot on a bike - such as a fuelscrew hole)
Dental pick (when I miss that I left an o-ring in the carb and have to pull it out of said orifice have having poked it further into the carb with said fuelscrew...)

No, you don't need to pull the shock, although if you're used to it, it's no biggie. Remove the 3 bolts that hold on the subframe. loosen the carb boots, remove the upper engine mounts and hotstart, cable, and pull the aribox boot off the carb. The rest of the drill should be obvious from there.

Nice rant BTW... :doh:

*ok, they're hardly my favorite tools, but I seem to wind up using them fairly often. :snore:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.