07+ Head Light Plug (Femaile End)

16 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 03, 2009 - 03:48 PM

Hey guys

Does any one know where i can get this plug with the wires? As you know, the USA plug only two wires and I need to add one more to it. Any thoughts? anyone not using theirs and want to send theirs to me? :excuseme:

• William1

Posted May 03, 2009 - 04:00 PM

Baja Designs sells them as do some others but the BD is probably the cheapest.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 03, 2009 - 04:27 PM

Baja Designs sells them as do some others but the BD is probably the cheapest.

I looked on their website but couldnt find it...Here is a picture of what I am looking for

Posted Image

There is also one on the rear of the bike that powers the stock tail light...

• William1

Posted May 03, 2009 - 05:10 PM

It is there.... Just went to their web site, it is all changed. You'll want to give them a call tomorrow, they do have the stuff.

• William1

Posted May 03, 2009 - 05:18 PM

I was mistaken (went out to the garage and looked), I got them from Electrosport, Part Number ES143 consists of a male and female set, pins grommets.

http://www.electrosp...tors-wiring.php

Be sure to save the plug from the unused terminal, never know when you might want it.

• SAthump

Posted May 03, 2009 - 07:48 PM

http://www.easternbe...M-MT/sm-mt.html

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 03, 2009 - 08:13 PM

http://www.easternbe...M-MT/sm-mt.html

That is what I need but I don't need all the extra hard ware....only one female wire to plug into my current plug

Does anyone have this plug that they dont need....all you DS guys that have aftermarket plate holders should have this laying around!

• Diesel_Junkie

Posted May 03, 2009 - 08:36 PM

your local auto parts store should have a complete new weatherpack connector, both ends. Wont be OEM but you would be done in an hour.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted May 04, 2009 - 08:58 AM

This company has almost every connector known to man.

http://www.keefeperf...electrical.html

You could just get a terminal for that connector and insert it into the socket. You just need to know what type of connector it is. Most electrical supply shops should be able to help you out. WR Dave.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted May 04, 2009 - 09:29 AM

That is what I need but I don't need all the extra hard ware....only one female wire to plug into my current plug

Does anyone have this plug that they dont need....all you DS guys that have aftermarket plate holders should have this laying around!

My senses tell me that someone has upgraded his lights and just about ready for some serious night rides !!!!!!!!! :cry: :smirk: :excuseme: :ride:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 04, 2009 - 10:47 AM

My senses tell me that someone has upgraded his lights and just about ready for some serious night rides !!!!!!!!! :cry: :smirk: :excuseme: :cry:

10/4...just need to get the Baja Designs reg/rec and stator mod...

My blinkers and stock head light are wired through the main power button

To top it all off, I wired a dedicated wire straight off the battery for some HID's :ride:

But to top it all off, I need a wire to plug into the pig tail in my picture above

• William1

Posted May 04, 2009 - 10:58 AM

If you are going to do the BD stator mod and rect/reg, modifying the stock plug may not be what you want to do. The AC output at the harness will no longer be there after the mod. Currently (pun intended) the headlight is run on AC. The stator outputs from two source coils, one powers the head light, the other charges the battery. The stator mod combines the two source coils, the larger Reg/Rect. converts it all to DC for the battery, hence no more AC at the headlight plug. That all said, you may be simply doing what I have done is now run the oem headlight on DC, want to use factory style connections and therefore need one pin to install in the headlight plug to get the high beam operational and a complete plug to attach to your bar switch.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted May 04, 2009 - 11:04 AM

10/4...just need to get the Baja Designs reg/rec and stator mod...

My blinkers and stock head light are wired through the main power button

To top it all off, I wired a dedicated wire straight off the battery for some HID's :excuseme:

But to top it all off, I need a wire to plug into the pig tail in my picture above

I'll be intersted in hearing how that BD reg fits if it goes on the steering head. If not, you'll still have a couple of options, but I know the thick Trailtech unit was definitely a no go there.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 04, 2009 - 11:08 AM

That all said, you may be simply doing what I have done is now run the oem headlight on DC, want to use factory style connections and therefore need one pin to install in the headlight plug to get the high beam operational and a complete plug to attach to your bar switch.

Thats what Im doing :excuseme:

I'll be intersted in hearing how that BD reg fits if it goes on the steering head. If not, you'll still have a couple of options, but I know the thick Trailtech unit was definitely a no go there.

Ill post up some pictures once I get it installed...but in the mean time, kenshaw720 has the BD reg/rec on his bike (maybe even William1)...can you guys post a picture or comment on the install?

• William1

Posted May 04, 2009 - 11:13 AM

Fitting the BD reg/rect is tight fit. You must use the hardware BD has for it. You end up with only a mm or two of clearance between the fork tube the unit. I machined the mounting studs on my frame 2mm to give me plenty of clearance. I was nervous with the BD stock spcing on 1mm.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. A picture of the install will not show much as it looks nearly identical to stock.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 04, 2009 - 11:37 AM

William
When you cut the pig tail from the AC side, what did you do with the bare wires? I was going to fold one over and tap it with electrical tap and then fold the second wire over and tap it.

• William1

Posted May 04, 2009 - 12:11 PM

Do you mean the plug at the light? I left the plug on, just in case I ever wanted to return it to stock (like that'll ever happen) and used a fresh plug for my DS conversion..

If you are referring to wires at the R/R, I left the unused plugs on and encased them in shrink wrap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.