Bigger tank for '04 YZ 450

2 replies to this topic
  • ftheie

Posted May 03, 2009 - 10:54 AM

My brother is my riding partner and has the 450. We are limited in doing longer rides because his stock tank doesn't hold squat. Anybody here use a 3+ gallon tank and not have to change the seat? He doesn't need more than about 3 gal, but it seems that he might have to replace the seat as well. Any experience?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 03, 2009 - 11:11 AM

The OS tanks made for the YZF, the IMS and Acerbis, for example, do not require the seat to be replaced or modified. Only the WR tanks require that.

• projected

Posted May 03, 2009 - 03:31 PM

The Acerbis 3.3 tank will fit both WR's and YZ's with their respective original seats for the year you are talking about. There are 2 mounting holes for the seat pin, one is labeled WR the other is labeled YZ (2006 WR's use the YZ location).

The Acerbis will be easier to sell too when your brother is ready since it fits both models. Every year or so I have to sell a large tank so this is important to me.

As far as fit the Acerbis bolts on perfectly, as easy as the stock tank. They aren't the coolest looking or thinnest tanks available but the quality is there.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.